RE: right-click menu?

Subject: RE: right-click menu?
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:58:12 -0800

This issue was thouroughly kicked around on the gnome-doc list recently. The
proposed alternatives included just numbering the mouse buttons, i.e., MB1
and MB2. The problem was that many people use mice, trackballs, and other
similar peripherals that have multiple buttons, wheels, etc. No resolution
was agreed upon, yet.

Inane as it may be, "If they're smart enough to figure out how to swap mouse
buttons, they
must be smart enough to figure out which button to use for what regardless
of what the manual says" seems to be the best answer, so far.

John Gilger
Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585