FrameMaker's apprentice

Subject: FrameMaker's apprentice
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:41:37 -0800

Hi gang--

Speaking of tools... Depending on how things go in the next day or two, I may find myself having to come up on Framemaker pretty quick. I've looked in the archives, but there's simply too much to sort through.

I've used other DTPs like Ventura and Quark but not in quite a while. (I've been making Word sing and dance for just about ever.) But I've only spent about 10 minutes with a Frame demo, once, and it was surprisingly intimidating to me. Does anyone who's made the transition from Word to Frame have any tricks for reducing the number of rocks on the learning curve?

I'm not interested in Tool Wars. I just want to spend as little time swearing as possible. The shop I may be going into had no trouble with my lack of experience on this particular tool. I didn't mis-represent my ability. They just accepted my "tools is tools" attitude without batting an eye, bless their corporate hearts. Any advice on or off list would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maggie Secara
Oh and yes, The Elizabethan World is still at http://ren.dm.net

BTW: If anyone here has had contact with Parasoft in Monrovia, CA, would you please contact me off-list ASAP? If I could also get input on TetraTech (Pasadena CA) offlist, I'd be grateful. OFFLIST ONLY FOR GODSSAKE!

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.