RE: 1099 vs Incorporation Pros &* Cons

Subject: RE: 1099 vs Incorporation Pros &* Cons
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:09:56 -0800 (PST)

Pam...I'm in a situation where a position contacted me
directly..actualy, they read my stu8ff on this list and...believe it
or not, liked what they saw. I wanted to avoid the agency cost and I
didn't want to handle the paperwork and deductions.

I using a service called FreeAgent.com.

For $275 per month flat fee, they invoice the client, they receive
the checks, they handle all deductions, and they direct deposit my
pay. They also make available medical, dental and eyeglass plans and
competitive costs to what you pay an agency for the same thing. You
can also enroll in a 401(k), and they have a wide range of Fidelity
mutual funds in it.

Every two weeks, I access a timesheet web site, enter hours and
dates, and they handle the rest. For a while they had growing pains
and I had to watch them closely, but they seem to have settled down
now.

There are some different tax rules you need to consider, but it may
be an alternative.

If you are interested in finding out what they have to offer, email
me off list for contact information.

--- Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com> wrote:
> My 28% - I've done agency contracting and 1099. It was SO much more
> of a
> hassle to be on the 1099 - the book-keeping, the insurance, the
> retirement
> bennies, yadda yadda yadda. I tried it because I really hated
> giving x% of
> my pay to the agency, but in the long run, after balancing out the
> expenses,
> it was easier to be an agency contractor AND I actually got to keep
> more of my money.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://photos.yahoo.com/