MS Word help

Subject: MS Word help
From: "Salmonsen, Lori" <lori -dot- salmonsen -at- attws -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:43:42 -0800

I am working on a Word document that I can no longer open. I am getting an
"access is denied" error. I have MS Word version 97 SR-2.

The problem started when I was trying to reduce the file size. It was a 14MB
file for no obvious reason. It only has headings in it with no content and
no graphics. To try to reduce the file size, I deleted a version of the
document in the File>Version window. There was one file listed. I selected
it and deleted it. Then I did a Save As. When I checked the file size, it
was reduced to 162k, which is about what it should be for the amount of
content.

The problem is that there was a problem when I tried to open the file again.
I got an illegal operation message. When I try to open the file, it tells me
it is still being used.

If you have any advice with this dilemma, please send directly to me since I
have digest format turned on.

Thank you,
lori -dot- salmonsen -at- attws -dot- com