Re: Twirlers doing webwork

Subject: Re: Twirlers doing webwork
From: "Teri A. Ward" <taw0200 -at- eeidf002 -dot- ca -dot- boeing -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:37:35 -0800 (PST)

> which groups, listservs, and conferences do you
> recommend?

I've attended two of the Thunder Lizard web design
conferences, and I think they're great. Speakers have
included Jakob Nielsen and Jared Spool (the usability
gurus), plus Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Watch, and
many other "names". Their Web site lists upcoming events:

http://www.thunderlizard.com/

As was mentioned by someone else, the HTML Writers Guild
is a great place to hang out. I took an online class on
style sheets there ($40 for members), and it really
helped me come up to speed with CSS.

I can't resist recommending Jeffrey Zeldman's Web site.
He has a web design business, writes books about the web,
speaks at web conferences, founded an excellent mailing
list for web designers called "A List Apart", founded the
Web Standards Group, and maintains an amusing and informative
web site that he updates daily. This is a good place to go
to get a feeling for what's happening on the web.

http://www.zeldman.com/toc.html

Last, whenever I'm looking for "how-to" info, I always
seem to end up at Web Monkey:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/index.html

Good luck!

Teri Anne Ward