[Fwd: Re: ide.2.4.1-p3.01112001.patch]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: ide.2.4.1-p3.01112001.patch]
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:21:54 -0500

This showed up on the Linux kernel developers' mailing list, during a discussion
of some new patches and the difficulties of making Linux IDE drivers work with
all the different chipsets, motherboards and devices out there.

I thought Linus' comments on docs might provoke some discussion here.

Andre is the main developer of the Linux IDE drivers. He's been arguing that the
next step is to carefully make sure they match the IDE spec. Linus is, of course,
the originator of Linux.