Re: Linus on Standards

Subject: Re: Linus on Standards
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:46:18 -0600

One of the many signs that I rotate onto my cube walls reads:

"Standards and Procedures are perfectly fine in their place, but they
should never get in the way of getting the work done."

I've had many interesting discussions about just what, precisely, those
last four words mean.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224