RE: print capabilities gone overnight

Subject: RE: print capabilities gone overnight
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:43:16 -0500

Hallo:

Are you saying that you use the Xerox Document Center printer drivers to
create PDFs from FrameMaker? If so, stop that! <g> There is a specific
PostScript printer driver and PPD you must use to create PDFs from
FrameMaker (or anywhere else, for that matter): the latest Adobe PostScript
Printer driver for your OS plus the Distiller PPD. For more info, stop by
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html, log into the FrameMaker
forum, and checkout the FAQ thread.

Or, are you saying that you cannot print from FrameMaker to paper spewing
from the Xerox printer in question? If so, you know the rumor that Xerox is
headed for bankruptcy?? Anyway, if this is the case, it sounds like somebody
"updated" the printer drivers or changed the printer software at the
printer. Grab a sniper rifle and go looking for IT.

Cheers,

Sean<Br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com