Re:For Hardware TWs - a question

Subject: Re:For Hardware TWs - a question
From: John Presler <jpresler -at- cksys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:25:56 -0800

Hi Joanne,

A Declaration of Conformity is a document stating that your product conforms to the compliance agency standards of the country or region without having to go through all of the tests. These agencies would be the
equivalent of UL or EC. These are primarily used in Europe, but I have never seen them included in the End User docs. In general, the end user has no interest in these matters, they just want to know that it will do what they want.

Hope this helps.

John Presler
Sr. Technical Writer
ASC/C&K/Honeywell
Folsom, CA 95630

At 12:01 AM 1/17/01 -0800, you wrote:

Normally I document software but a new project involves revising all docs
for a hardware-based product. In the existing User Guide, near the very
front of the book, there's a page called "Declaration of Conformity". It's a
form, of sorts, filled out and signed by a QA engineer in our company.
My questions: What is this? And is this an appropriate place for it?
Anything that will increase my knowledge about writing for a hardware (with
some software) product would be great.
Many thanks!
Joanne

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.