Calling javadoc from within HTML Help

Subject: Calling javadoc from within HTML Help
From: David Price <price -at- ontos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:52:28 -0500

I'm using javadoc to create API documentation (output in HTML pages), but
would like to be able to link to that documentation from within an HTML Help
project. When I call a javadoc page from within HTML Help, it is displayed
correctly, but I can't follow any of the links on the javadoc page (page not
found error). Does anyone have experience doing this, or with linking to
local HTML pages from within HTML Help?

In javadoc, many of the links are to sections within HTML pages (i.e., named
anchors), and I'm wondering if this might be the cause of the problem. Is
HTML Help supposed to be able to link to these?

If it matters, I'm using RoboHelp Classic 9.1 and single-sourcing. I've
tried using RoboHTML and importing the javadoc-created HTML pages, with
similar problems. (Even if importing is the solution, I'd rather find a
different one, because I want to keep the generation of the javadoc and the
generation of help separate).

This works very, very nicely in a WebHelp project, BTW. I may have to go
that route, which might not be so bad except for the size & number of files
to distribute.

TIA,

David