RE: Final Doc Review

Subject: RE: Final Doc Review
From: "Tasha Lennhoff" <tlennhoff -at- open -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:33:47 -0500

Chris said:

In our department, once our manuals are ready to print, the Tech. Pubs.
Manager
reviews the doc. for several "last minute" edits. We just changed managers
and
our new manager wants this to be done on-line (e.g., I give him the printed
doc, and he makes necessary changes right in the file.) <snip>

I would ask your manager to do hard paper copies for the 1st couple of
reviews to help both of you. You need to know what type of things your
manager is looking for in order to make sure that your writing meets his
requirements. Another option is for him to use a tracking feature (both
Word & FrameMaker have these) when making the changes. Approach this from
the point of view that you want to learn from him rather than you don't
trust him. Good luck! -tasha

Tasha Lennhoff
OpenService, Inc.
112 Turnpike Road, Suite 304