Re: Frames and Compatibility (was: web admin duties)

Subject: Re: Frames and Compatibility (was: web admin duties)
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:44:56 -0800

Tom Murrell wrote:

> Yes, the suggestion above is but one of many possible ways to handle
> some of the issues, but it still requires that I make the same changes
> in more than one place, so it still looks like double work to me.

> I think you're missing the point about web accessibility. My reading
> indicates that some people have difficulty processing (reading or
> understanding) text displayed in a side-by-side fashion. (I'm gonna
> guess this is a form of dyslexia or other cognitive disability.) For
> them it is important to be able to access the information in a top-down
> fashion. There are browsers out there that allow that, I'm told.

~~~~
Tom,

I decided to go "no frames" but to use tables to make it "look"
similar to a frame site.

I broke up my site into smaller chuncks to make updates easier
(because I use tables and it is sometimes a pain to update them with
longer pages).

Also, smaller chuncks forces me to be brief within each topic, and
each topic basically has it's own page. This makes it easier to delete
a topic or replace a topic as well.

What do you think?

-Dianne Blake
Consultant, Writer & Trainer