Any ForeHelp users in the list

Subject: Any ForeHelp users in the list
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:21:41 -0700

I've done a little bit of work with ForeHelp along the way, and I am
quite happy with it as an application.

You ask if it is similar to RoboHelp. I tangled with the demo version
of RoboHelp before I learned ForeHelp, and in my experience, the two
applications are close enough that if you have experience in one, you
can easily pick up the other.

I have one caveat on what I say. The last projects I did with
ForeHelp were done using version 3.2. Forefront, the manufacturer,
may have addressed some of these in the latest version.

ForeHelp 3.2 doesn't like existing compiled help files as input. The
more recent versions of RoboHelp can use a compiled help file for
input.

Both like RTF files, and you can save Word files in this format. I
have never tried importing HTML files, so I can't tell you anything
about using these as sources.

Also, all the stuff I did was for applications running in the Windows
environment, so the final output was in the form of WinHelp rather
than HTML Help.

While not a lot, I hope this gives you something useful.

From: poorni kumar <poorni_kumar -at- usa -dot- net>
Date: 23 Jan 2001 11:31:11 IST

> Hi Whirlers,

> We are in the process of evaluating ForeHelp Premier as the help
tool for=

> our web delivered applications. Most of our apps are java based and
our c=
> lient
> is interested in this tool. Have anyone used this sw. If yes, can
you mai=
> l info on pros and cons of this help tool. =

> Iam more interested about the learning curve and if it is similar to
Robo=

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer