RE: Riting Errors

Subject: RE: Riting Errors
From: "Peter Hirons" <phirons -at- com21 -dot- ie>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:26:17 -0000

Maybe I'm old fashioned (or just old*) but I still cringe whenever I receive
an e-mail or read a newsnet post that has severe spelling, punctuation or
grammatical errors, particularly if that person professes to be a
professional writer or editor.

I'm happy to overlook the occasional typo, but errors from those who should
know better tend to lower my opinion of them. If they can't spare the time
to re-read what they have typed (rather than relying on the speelchucker)
before hitting the send button then perhaps they don't have time to think
through their response and would be better not responding at all.

There! I've said it!

(* for the curious - aged 51, over 25 years in technical documentation
and/or teaching)

Peter Hirons
Knowledge Products Lead
Com21 Ireland Ltd