ADMIN: RE: Riting Errors

Subject: ADMIN: RE: Riting Errors
From: Eric Ray <ericjray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:54:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Peter Hirons <phirons -at- com21 -dot- ie> wrote:
> I'm happy to overlook the occasional typo, but
> errors from those who should
> know better tend to lower my opinion of them.
> perhaps they
> don't have time to think
> through their response and would be better not
> responding at all.

Undoubtedly your message falls into the
"didn't have time to think and should not
have responded" category. See the rules.
See my repeated admin messages on this topic.
Try to avoid inflicting your prejudices on
the rest of us--particularly in this forum.

I repeat: Typos are allowed. Nitpicking them
is not. Not. Not at all. Not even a little.
Not even commenting on them is allowed. Learn
to let them go--we'll all silently think
"Undoubtedly <subscriber's name> noted this
typo and would not have made the same error
him/herself. If Eric would let him/her, I'm
sure that a correction would be posted to the list."
Just imagine your name above, and DO NOT
POST comments about typos.

More than almost any other rule in this forum,
the "don't nitpick other people's typos" is
non-negotiable and further comments on this
issue just inflame the list(owner).

Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com