Blank pages - really?

Subject: Blank pages - really?
From: irene_preire -at- ds-fr -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:16:31 +0100

Many years ago my (French) manager insisted that I add a line informing the user
that even-numbered pages that were blank were intentionally blank. I protested
that there was a number and the name of the manual in the footer and so it was
obvious that the page hadn't fallen out at the printer's to be replaced by any
white page that was hanging about. It was ridiculous - an insult to the user's
intelligence. So I refused. The disagreement lasted for several days until,
exasperated he announced that HE would choose a phrase and add it himself. Oh
yeah? The phrase he nearly used (and I nearly let him just for fun) was: "A
really white page" ...