OT: Bad index/TOC (was Re: OT: Tech writers and cookbooks)

Subject: OT: Bad index/TOC (was Re: OT: Tech writers and cookbooks)
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:51:34 -0600

I have a similar problem with a stock photo package we purchased years ago... it's a set of about a billion CDs with a large book that has thumbnails of each photo. No search engine, just the book. To find a photo, you have to search through a list of CD titles like "Beautiful Thailand" or "Doors of San Francisco," which are not particularly user-friendly when presented in an alphabetical list.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com> 01/30/01 02:46PM >>>
One of my biggest complaints about some cookbooks is the indexing. If you want
to see lots of examples of lousy indexes, look at a bunch of cookbooks. If I
have eggplant on hand and want to find recipes for using it, it isn't helpful if
the only index reference is to Golden Crunchy Eggplant Surprise.