OT: RE: Reference Manual

Subject: OT: RE: Reference Manual
From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:49:01 -0500

This reminds me of an interview where the interviewer, an HR person who
didn't know anything more than what was written in the job description by
the actual manager of the department, asked me to explain what I do. After a
lengthy explanation, the woman, smiled, sighed, looked marvelled at me, and
said, "Boy, I have no idea what you just told me, but it sure does sound
impressive." She proceeded to take me to the actual manager who, when I
repeated the story to her, laughed and said, "Well, at least you sounded
impressive." I got the job, I never had to deal with that HR person again.

It's sort of like a few years ago when I used to get telephone calls from
recruiters asking me if I knew what (imagine someone spelling this out over
a telephone) "D-O-S" was? I said, yes, one more than U-N-O and hung up on
them.