RE: word 98 text phoenix (the text that won't go away)

Subject: RE: word 98 text phoenix (the text that won't go away)
From: Steve Shepard <STEVES -at- YARDI -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:17:45 -0800

Go to Tools>Options and click on the Save tab.

Make sure Allow fats saves is turned off.

When this feature is turned on, nothing in your document is ever really
deleted, the file is simply appended when you save. Turning of means the
file is saved from top to bottom each time.

When I work in support at Aldus/Adobe, problems importing files from Word
into PageMaker where usually caused by this being turned on. All sorts of
old stuff would show up in the oddest places.