RE: Monitor shutting off

Subject: RE: Monitor shutting off
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:06:27 -0800

Whenever I get a new monitor, I also get the software I need to run it efficiently. In a corporation, the software may have ended in the trash can when the monitor was unpacked.

Marilynne

At 07:30 AM 1/31/01 -0800, Hager, Harry (US - East Brunswick) wrote:

Kimberly,

I had the same problem when I got a new PC and kept the old monitor. Our
tech support people (they know what they are doing) couldn't figure it out.
The option of changing graphics cards or doing other hardware changes were
not really on the table because it was a brand new PC. We assumed it was
some kind of monitor/video driver/graphics card incompatibilty problem.

After much fussing and fuming and several days of rebooting, we came up with
an EASY FIX that requires no hardware changes.

It's a fix that is good for Windows 95. If you have Windows 98, 2000, or ME,
adjust as necessary. Also, some of the tabs/buttons, etc. may vary according
to the video drivers and graphics card installed on your PC, so you may need
to look for comparable settings.

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM