Miffed by BMP

Subject: Miffed by BMP
From: stops -at- qualum -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 7:32:50

As part of my research into the single-source publishing issue, I've had a
trial file done for us by OmniSystems using MIF2GO and have read the
MIF2Go route, but I'm slightly concerned by one of their comments attached
to the returned output: namely, that all graphics should be saved as BMP
only. (MIF2GO then converts this to WMF; they don't recommend saving to WMF
directly as the app in question may not do it by the book, which may cause
problems).

BMP is a very heavy format, and we'd much prefer to use a lightweight GIF
or the PNG that's been praised recently in this forum.

I've posed the same question to OmniSys, but what are your opinions on the
subject? Is BMP the only option if one wants to develop WinHelp down the
line using Frame and MIF2GO?

Thanks for your input - and, btw, for all your assurances that Frame won't
be killed any time soon (I now know where to send the little minced crow
pies when it happens).

- Jonathan Stoppi
The Tall Guy
Qualum