RE: Miffed by BMP

Subject: RE: Miffed by BMP
From: "Roy Jacobsen" <roy -dot- jacobsen -at- greatplains -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:05:45 -0600

>As part of my research into the single-source publishing issue, I've
had a
>trial file done for us by OmniSystems using MIF2GO and have read the
>MIF2Go route, but I'm slightly concerned by one of their comments
attached
>to the returned output: namely, that all graphics should be saved as
BMP
>only. (MIF2GO then converts this to WMF; they don't recommend saving to
WMF
>directly as the app in question may not do it by the book, which may
cause
>problems).

This is a bit surprising. We've used MIF2GO to create WinHelp and
HTMLHelp, and our preferred graphics format in our FM files is GIF. It
works for us.

Roy M. Jacobsen
Senior Editor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest
Fargo, ND 58103
USA

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there.