RE: Insure vs. Ensure (Was Affect vs. effect?)

Subject: RE: Insure vs. Ensure (Was Affect vs. effect?)
From: Dannette Thompson <dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:53:32 -0500

Tara wrote:
"Here's another set that I often see confused - ensure and insure."

-------
This is a pet peeve of mine as well. And people around here tend to use
"insure" constantly. I've always wondered in the back of my mind if there
were legal ramifications to this. For example, if our marketing material
says our software "insures quick results," does that mean we're financially
obligated to make them more productive? :-0

Dannette Thompson
Technical Writer
Foundation Software, Inc.
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors
The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect the
opinions or policies of my employer or coworkers.