RE: What's in a name?

Subject: RE: What's in a name?
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:16:23 -0500

Yesterday we were faced with this. Different groups in our Products group
have to provide names. For example, the bug hunting (err..
undocumented-feature hunting) group took on IIBWCKI (pronounced Ibiwiki)
from the "If It Bleeds We Can Kill It" line from Predator.

Obviously, the goal of these names are to be descriptive, catchy and
humorous.

We did some brain-storming on this. Our core deliverables are
Documentation, E-Learning, Training and Help, or DETH. So our first idea was
Project DETH.

We also have tried adding BRAIN (Bringing Resources And Information Now) to
get BRAIN DETH (with an implied "through") or DETH STAR (Supplying
Technically Accurate Resources or Serving The Audience R......?).

We still haven't settled on a final cut (though DETH STAR has such
potential).

A more esoteric one was the Diamond Group, b/c we know what is important
about diamonds, the four C's, Correct, Complete, Clear and Concise.

You got to love these "important" projects that are required from time to
time. I know Mr. Plato would say "get back to work", but this truly was part
of our job...