Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:08:41 -0800

John Fleming wrote:

> That said, if you are going to work from home, it helps to create
> conditions that are conducive to working at home.

Good advice. I'd like to add that it's a good idea to put a
psychological break between your work day and your own time. For
example, at the end of your work day, use the time that would
otherwise go into a commute to cook or do some chores, or else go
out for some exercise. Otherwise, the distinction gets very muddied,
and it's harder to unwind at the end of the day.

By the way, I notice that the most people who have answered the poll
are convinced that they work harder at home. Either we're a
conscientious lot, or a self-deceptive lot.

What, me? Of course, I'm an exception. I'm much more productive at
home. :-)

--
Bruce Byfield 317.833.0313 bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com
Director of Marketing and Communications, Progeny Linux Systems

"Of course, few admitted, even to themselves, that they bore
responsibility for their plight. They preferred to see themselves as
victims, and, like victims everywhere, they found explanations that
exonerated themselves from blame."
-Mike Dash, "Tulipomania"