RE: Trademarks and nouns - how often?

Subject: RE: Trademarks and nouns - how often?
From: jkajpust -at- concentric -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:51:51 -0500

It can also depend on any agreements your company has with
another company. In the case of one of our partners, the agreement
requires the (tm) to be used on all occurences of the trademark
noun.

It may not make any practical difference, but you're talking about
law here -- not practicality. I think I'd take his advice with a teeny
grain of salt.

> Some time ago, I posted a message about trademarks and when and how often
> you had to use the TM symbol.

snipped

He (lawyer) wrote back: My understanding is that there is no
"rule" per se on the
matter. Since it makes no practical difference, my advice is
to go with
whichever is more aesthetically appealing. Savor that advice,
it doesn't
come down that way too often in my line of work. :-)

Jim Kajpust - Personal Responsibility - Personal Freedoms
Michigan - http://www.concentric.net/~jkajpust