OT: CD-R/W has amnesia

Subject: OT: CD-R/W has amnesia
From: "F. Marc de Piolenc" <piolenc -at- mozcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 07:36:43 +0800

My CD-rewritable machine, on which I rely for backing up my hard disk
and archiving old projects, has developed a strange ailment. It
continues to read "regular" factory-burned CDs, but when I insert
CD-recordables or rewritables it tries to "play" them as music CDs. I
have never encountered this before, and can't even work out whether the
problem is in hardware or software. So far, I have tried cleaning the
drive and reinstalling Windows NT's multimedia components, with no
discernible effect. The hardware is a Taiwanese generic sold under many
brand names - mine happens to be BCE.

Marc de Piolenc