Recycled Threads (Was Re: Frame's death rumors)

Subject: Recycled Threads (Was Re: Frame's death rumors)
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:41:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Sunshine QT <sunshineqt99999 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Really? gosh. How weird.
>
> Nicole
>
> > Over the couple of years I've subscribed to this
> > list, the
> > subject of Frame's impending death has come up every
> > couple of
> > months.

It has been mentioned on the list quite often lately how the same threads keep
recurring. Those making such mentions are more experienced TECHWHIRLERS than I,
but even I have noticed that we seldom get a really new thread these days. (I
think I've been on the list a little over a year, FWIW.)

Threads that come to mind, that make regular, almost scheduled appearances, in
addition to the Death of Frame thread are: Job Titles, How To Break Into TW
(and its variant How to Move From Journalism to TW Because TW pays more), Why
Don't We Get No Respect?, Management Is/Are Idiots, Whirlers Are Snivelling
Slobs (except me), Why We Love Andrew Plato, Why We Hate Andrew Plato, and of
course Tool questions, lots and lots and lots and lots of tool questions, tool
wars, tool evaluation requests, Why I Hate Microsoft, Why I Hate People Who
Hate Microsoft, Why I hate People Who Write Why I Hate People Who Hate/Love
Microsoft. (I'm sure I'm leaving out somebody's favorite thread, but don't
worry. Your favorite thread will reappear again. Soon.)

Lest anyone think I am complaining and wonder why I stay on the list, let me be
clear that I'm not complaining. When I open the list the first thing I do is
delete posts I don't want to read. No offense, folks, but I don't use Robohelp,
I'm not likely to use Robohelp, I can't help anyone with a Robohelp problem, so
I don't read those emails. (Probably miss some good stuff, too, but, hey, life
is short.) Second, I still find the list a valuable resource. I learn a lot
just by reading. Third, occasionally I feel I can help someone or add something
to a discussion.

And the last reason I'm still on the list: How else would I avoid work? <g>

Have a Nice Day!

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer