Starting a new project

Subject: Starting a new project
From: Jason Logue <JLogue -at- eaglesoft -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:43:55 -0600

Hey listers.

I'm getting ready to start work on a new manual that will combine
information from two manuals. The one manual will be for two software
packages that are slowly being integrated into one fully integrated software
package. The problem, at least for documentation purposes, is that both
packages have the same main menu screen, log on screen and a few others, but
after a point they are completely different packages. However, they have
integration buttons and menu features that enable the user to jump back and
forth between software packages.

The way the user approaches this software package is kinda like a boat on
the Ohio River going westward, until it meets the Mississippi. Then you can
go north or south, and if you go north, you eventually have the option of
taking the Missouri, Illinois or to just stay on the Mississippi. Maybe the
analogy isn't the best, but hopefully you get the point.

My question and/or concern is concerning whether I should split the manual
in half or not. Some chapters are going to be redundant if I do that,
though. If anyone has any design plans, flow charts, or general
suggestions, I'd appreciate the assistance. If you need more detail
concerning my project, let me know.

TIA,

Jason

Jason Logue
Jlogue -at- eaglesoft -dot- net <mailto:Jlogue -at- eaglesoft -dot- net>
EagleSoft - A Patterson Company

Proceed as the way opens. - from a Quaker proverb