Re: Proving an MS standard

Subject: Re: Proving an MS standard
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:48:24 -0500

bgranat -at- att -dot- net wrote:
> [...] Pressing *either* CTRL+Y or ALT+Y opens the Save As dialog box.
> Pressing *either* CTRL+N or ALT+N closes the document.
>
> There is nothing in the dialog box to indicate that these shortcuts
> are available.

In my version of Word (97 SR-1 under Win98), the "Y" in "Yes" and the
"N" in "No" are underlined, which indicates that they can be typed
along with ALT to activate those buttons.

The "bare letter" part of this is something I'd never noticed, though.
I would imagine that only works if no input fields are available or
selected.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu