Re: Using same footnotes on different pages (Word97)

Subject: Re: Using same footnotes on different pages (Word97)
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:46:37 -0800

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, so I've
tried to cover several bases.

First, to repeat references to bibliographical
material, you used Ibid., Idem, Op. Cit., and Loc. Cit.
See CMI para 15.253-256 for specifics.

Second, if you are trying to reuse the same footnote
number, Word allows you to create a cross-reference to
a footnote number. This might suit your purposes.

And third, if you need to repeat the same text in
several places (e.g., "This section has not yet been
developed"), the quick and easy solution is to make
the text an autotext entry.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher
susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

At 10:51 AM 2/20/01 -0600, Faulk, Merv L. wrote:

I understand how to make footnotes in Word 97 but want to use a
footnote reference on same page or another page instead of retyping the
"same" reference each time. How would I do this?