RE: Software For Students (PSP v PS)

Subject: RE: Software For Students (PSP v PS)
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:32:06 -0500

> > PaintShopPro can be a little buggy, at least on my
> > system. I'm running Windows 2000 with Office 2000
> > and could NOT use PSP 7 -- I had to go back down
> > to 4 to be able to use it at all. Any attempt to
> > open a file larger than 30K caused my system to
> > hang with some odd OLE error. [We've been working
> > with graphic files created by someone else using
> > Ventura 8 (and have to move them first into Visio,
> > then into Word, and finally the whole enchilada
> > goes into PDF) because we cannot get them to be
> > seen by FrameMaker 6.0 (FM 6 doesn't have filters
> > that work with anything newer than Ventura 6, I
> > think Sean and Tom said).]

If the graphics are being created in Ventura, and are
compatible with Visio, they are probably vector graphics.

Perhaps the problem is that you are trying to open these
vector graphics with PSP, which is a bitmap editor.

Try opening them in a vector graphics editor like
Adobe Illustrator, or CorelDraw.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu