Re: pdf's and graphics

Subject: Re: pdf's and graphics
From: "Gerard (Collin) Falla" <gerardf -at- charter -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:25:24 -0900

on 2/26/01 10:22 AM, Michele Davis at michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com wrote:

Ugh. What looks good in a .pdf besides a .tiff? Can I use .jpeg, or .gif
instead?
And if so, what resolution do I need?

Michele
I'm an artist, and if that doesn't excuse my many
faults, I don't know what does! www.krautgrrl.com

Hi there:

All the other comments s o far are good: For what I do, aimed at dual
format (print & on screen) I tend to insert my graphics into my page layout
program AS pdfs in the first place. The disadvantage here is that this
drives up the final file size, but the resolution is good for both. The EPSs
will print well, and may even work on screen, but they often display as if
super-bolded unless you "zoom-in" on them extremely closely.

Good luck

Collin