RE: Issues of wording

Subject: RE: Issues of wording
From: "Cindy Parker-Mart" <cparker -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:04:33 -0500

I was born and raised in Cincinnati OH. I have always heard this area
referred to as the midwest. If it's something else, I'd be really
interested in knowing what this area should be called.

On a side note, while I work in downtown Cincinnati, I live in Northern
Kentucky, within a 1/2 mile of the Ohio river and 5 minutes from downtown
Cincinnati. While the entire state of Kentucky may not consider itself part
of the midwest, the NKY area is by definition a suburb of Greater Cincinnati
and definitely part of the midwest.

If the rest of the country doesn't consider OH part of the midwest, they
are, of course wrong, because being in and from Ohio and consquently the
midwest, we know that we are the center of the universe and the rest of the
country is of course, wrong =).

Cindy Parker-Mart
Information Engineer, Online Architecture
ZoomTown.com
Phone: 513.397.9768
PCS: 513.235.5905

<insert clever quote here>