Re: Numbering In A New TOC

Subject: Re: Numbering In A New TOC
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:58:34 -0800

From: "Faulk, Merv L." <MLF3 -at- valmont -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Subject: Numbering In A New TOC
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:44:08 -0600

Ok, here's what I did..My document was getting too big so I broke it
into sections and then produced a new TOC (Table of Contents), by using the
RD (Reference Document) field. It worked and I was able to produce a new
TOC however, it's not numbered correctly. It starts each section from
number 1 and starts over again. I can't find the fix probably because of
the terminology (don't know what to look for)....anyway, can someone help me
with this dilemma.....thanks, Merv

Merv, RD fields take the numbers right from whatever is there in each file. I usually put the chapter numberin my manual page numbers (1-2, 1-3, 2-5, and so on) so that works perfectly for me. If you want the pages numbered from 1 through to 500, you need to start each chapter with the next number in sequence from the last page of the pervious chapter. (whew). Word won't do that for you.

Maggie Secara
~trying to be of some use to someone