RE: Quick Question: Need Name for a Symbol

Subject: RE: Quick Question: Need Name for a Symbol
From: "Mark Kofler" <Mark -dot- Kofler -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:16:55 +1100

Debra
Don't qoute me on this but I think it is called the international symbol
for
negation, or something very similar.
Wish I could be more specific, but might point you in the right direction.

Hi all,

Just a quick question on how to refer to an icon used in a software
application. In this application, each company name is preceded by an icon
that indicates its status in the corporate hierarchy (e.g. parent company,
subsidary company). To indicate that there is a problem or error with the
data entered for a company, the icon changes--a red circle with a diagonal
slash is superimposed over the regular icon. The red circle with a slash
is what you commonly see in signage that indicates "No something"--for
example, a No Smoking sign. Is there a name for the red circle/slash icon?

Thanks,
Debra Graham