RE: nitpicky word question

Subject: RE: nitpicky word question
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:27:24 -0500

John Gilger has the right idea. The missing element is that matrix elements
tend to be viewed as independent of each other or are related in some
loosey-goosey, pragmatic fashion, while table elements are related to other
elements in the same row or column (i.e., a very structured relationship).
Think of image pixels versus, say, a table of sales figures for various
regions.

That having been said, I suppose I could start replacing the term
"traceability matrix" with "traceability table," but I'll probably fall back
on that loosey-goosey thing instead :>

Cheers ... Kim
p.s. Yeah, I'm a math geek.