Re: Dreamwever to create HTML help

Subject: Re: Dreamwever to create HTML help
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:24:42 -0800

Sybille Sterk wrote:

> I couldn't find anything in the archives, but I'd like to use Dreamweaver
> to create "browser-independent" HTML help. Does anybody on the list use
> Dreamweaver for this purpose? Any tips and tricks you'd like to share would
> be very welcome.

Your subject says "HTML help" rather than "HTML Help," so I assume
you're asking about help topics delivered in HTML rather than Microsoft's
proprietary help format. If so, any HTML editor will do.

Thousands like HomeSite, but Dreamweaver is an excellent tool. In fact,
they're both so good, the two companies have merged.

For *indexing* those HTML files, of course, you'll want to check out
HTML Indexer! :) You can download the free demo from our web site.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!