Re: FWD: Time estimates and getting credit

Subject: Re: FWD: Time estimates and getting credit
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:22:04 -0500

Anon,

My thought is that your manager is following the rules of corporate
etiquette to a T and did nothing wrong. It is excellent practice to
spread the credit for good work downward to the person who did it
without skipping any intervening layers of management. It is to your
team lead's credit to have assigned the work to you and trusted you to
do it (even if this is a hypothetical action, exercised only by failing
to stop you from doing it).

You should be glad to be working for a manager who is so attuned to the
nuances of corporate memo writing.

Dick