RE: Taking Minutes at Meetings

Subject: RE: Taking Minutes at Meetings
From: "Cindy Parker-Mart" <cparker -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:47:09 -0500

Once again I realized how grateful I am to have found this list. Perhaps I
have lived in a vacuum for far too long or in my ripe old age of 34, I have
become grouchy, hateful, set in my ways and far too opinionated. I tend to
lurk and play sponge for most threads

When I initially read this thread, I was immediately horrified by the
thought of taking meeting minutes because I was the "writer". I had a boss
once who would only as the women of the team to schedule meeting rooms,
order food and take minutes. We hated him and resented his prejudice. <end
whining>

Although in my organization I doubt that I'd be valued more or be able to
influence ever so slightly the decisions in those meetings by taking
minutes, I now have a different opinion. THANK ALL OF YOU for providing a
very well rounded discussion and for giving me a new way to look at this
problem as well as how I face others I encounter. I'm sure I'm not alone in
reacting in defensiveness (my personal nemesis), anger ( a close 2nd),
whining and finally abandoning all hope and caving. This list keeps me sane
and honest and it didn't become apparent until I read all of various ways in
which to interpret something that would normally make my blood boil.

Thanks to Eric as well for letting some of these threads go slightly OT. I
can't tell you how much I learned.

All my best,
C.

Cindy Parker-Mart.
Information Engineer, Online Architecture
ZoomTown.com

<insert clever quote here>