RE: PDF to RTF extraction (Short Summary/Adobe announces Acrobat 5.0)

Subject: RE: PDF to RTF extraction (Short Summary/Adobe announces Acrobat 5.0)
From: "Balchunas, John" <JBalchunas -at- orgtek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:05:07 -0500

Thanks to the input I received from this post, I did change my mind. My
department is now planning to distribute the source files eventually, once
they've been cleaned up and converted into Frame (right now they are a mess,
a zillion scattered Word files from long before I got here)...the
overwhelming response on this list was something along the lines of "why not
distribute the source files, as long as your still in control of the
original." So basically, we've got a few legal/regulatory questions to deal
with, but we should be eventually releasing the source files to our national
companies upon request.

As an aside, with regard to the whole PDF-->RTF extraction
issue...eventhough I'm not going that route anymore...

Adobe had announced the release of Acrobat 5 on their website
(http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html). Among the added
features, they are including a Save As...RTF option to extract text without
the use of a plug-in such as Gemini.

Anyway, found it interesting none the less.

Thanks,

John Balchunas
Technical Writer I, Labeling and Packaging Development
Organon Teknika Corporation
100 Akzo Avenue
Durham, NC 27712
tel.    919.620.2053
fax:    919.620.4170
email:  jbalchunas -at- orgtek -dot- com <mailto:jbalchunas -at- orgtek -dot- com>