Re: Is just me, or is the techwr market abysmal right now?

Subject: Re: Is just me, or is the techwr market abysmal right now?
From: M Silverspring <vetalidevi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:31:40 -0800 (PST)

Are you kidding? You must have missed my boo-hoo email
about being laid off March 2. The market is slower
than molasses in January. I have 3 possible,
potential, maybe-if-it's-a-good-hair-day contracts
that I am negotiating. Maybe one or two will come
through. Fortunately I can afford to be picky because
I have a first career in nursing and can do home care
visits.... there's all kinds of work there. But I
sympathize totally. Recruiters I've talked to tell me
they're getting 50 resumes for jobs that used to
command one. And you wouldn't believe the rates I've
been offered for some of the contracts I've turned
down.
You are not alone.
Martha

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/