Re: Tech Writer Market

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Market
From: David Orr <dorr -at- ORRNET -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:10:28 -0600

>From the recruiter side, we don't take unreturned calls too seriously if it
is an unsolicited recruiting call. We just assume the person is busy if they
don't answer.

However, if we have ongoing project discussions with a person, especially
after we have taken him/her in for an interview, and the person doesn't
return calls, we get upset.

We do get very upset if a person has gone in on an interview, indicates
interest in the project, then takes another project without informing us
right away. This action leaves us exposed to looking bad with a client if
they finally say they want the person, and we have to come back "sheepishly"
with, "Well, he/she took another project without our knowing it."

The biggest sin from our point of view is accepting a project, then backing
out at the last minute because another project came up suddenly or someone
offered a higher rate. This action can cost us a client relationship, and we
don't forgive the breach of professionalism.

M. David Orr
Orr & Associates Corporation
http://www.orrnet.com