Re: How many options to give to readers?

Subject: Re: How many options to give to readers?
From: Anne Magee <magee -at- caris -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:33:33 -0400

At 11:19 AM 3/23/01 -0500, Walters, Christian (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:

How many options for completing the same action do you give to readers?

What we have been doing lately is to give each command a unique name (usually the same or similar to the menu name) and refer to it only by that name. When that command is used or described, we put a small table in the sidehead. This table contains all possible ways of accessing that command. This way, we don't have any long and confusing instructions, but all the methods are visible and the users can choose the method they prefer.

Anne
--
A Magee, Technical Writer
magee -at- caris -dot- com

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: