RE: Chicago Conference (STC): how good? How to plan!

Subject: RE: Chicago Conference (STC): how good? How to plan!
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:56:56 -0600

Quick follow-up to Geoff's excellent message. Remember that (in the States,
at least) if you pay your own way to the conference, you should be able to
write off the expenses associated with attending the conference on your
income taxes as a business/professional development expense. Check with your
tax preparer or the IRS for guidelines. While it doesn't replace lost income
(if your a contractor), it might make going more palatable. If your captive
and the company won't pay for attending, ask if they'll give you time off to
attend instead of having to use vacation.

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas (yep, that one)