RE: Plays well with others

Subject: RE: Plays well with others
From: "Cindy K. Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Marconi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:20:06 -0800

I think the key here is job performance. If the person's attitude and
personality are getting in the way of job performance, then it's an issue.

Funny enough, my biggest difficulties in this area came from a cheerful,
friendly, energetic employee. The 'attitude problem' arose any time you
tried to correct something -- "Well, if you'd told me I had to [actually
follow the style guide][read the specifications][show up to the meeting on
time][write in complete sentences - not joking here], well, you know I would
have!" <deeply wounded look> I had five times the complaints about this
person than I did about my other writer, who admittedly is a little grumpy
sometimes.

My two cents, anyhow.

Cindy Kight