Open Source Project Management Tool

Subject: Open Source Project Management Tool
From: Heather Hacker <HHacker -at- dtechdirect -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:25:24 -0500

Hey-
We use Visual Source Safe as a project management tool for documentation and
development. I'm not sure of the cost... but, as with other Microsoft
products it has some limitations. For instance, if someone is designated an
administrator - that person becomes the only person who can delete a file.
Which really gets to be a problem. Also, the files become Read Only on your
local drives and if you're working with a large number of files at once (I
work with approximately 50 manual files) it can take a long time to check
all of them out for editing and then check them back in. But, overall it
does its job and provides the ability to view changes and versions, etc...
Although, I'm not sure if it is cross-platform.
Heather