underlining

Subject: underlining
From: "Walters, Christian (CCI-Atlanta)" <Christian -dot- Walters -at- cox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:21:20 -0400

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a question that's been dealt with too many times, but I
wasn't able to find much in the archives.

Do any of you use underlining for anything in in printed documentation? Or
any documentation at all, except for hyperlinks? It's usage seems almost
completely usurped by italics, and I guess a lot of folks are worried that
underlined text = clickable link to users these days.

We're working on some style issues here, and this question came up.
Personally, I can't think of a reason I'd use it except for hyperlinks, but
I am quite capable of overlooking things.

If this is a common question dealt with in the archives, I apologize again,
and I'll go back and try to remember how to search :)

Thanks!

=====
Christian Walters
christian -dot- walters -at- cox -dot- com