Re: Catbert and employee performance reviews

Subject: Re: Catbert and employee performance reviews
From: Jay Maechtlen <jmaechtlen -at- amada -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:42:16 -0700

Friday I had to do the 90-day evaluation of our new guy. It was the same
"Performance Evaluation" we each get on a yearly basis (theoretically).

Each question 1~10, had low, medium, and high rating areas, with
descriptive text for each rating area
so that I could pretty much figure out where to grade. The descriptions
usually don't match perfectly, but provide a pretty good guide.

As eval sheets go, it is pretty decent.

'twas interesting, looking at it from the other side of the table. Each
category, I found myself thinking of my own performance...

scary, this introspection thing...

Of course, in my last position at this company, my boss provided neither
guidance nor support. The last two reviews he did of me, I didn't even
return them to him. (Employee is to sign and return) He didn't ask, he
didn't get.

He's an ok guy, but I'm really (!!!) glad to be out of that department!

Jay