Re: teaching tech writing? + MA degree

Subject: Re: teaching tech writing? + MA degree
From: "MMdeaton" <mmdeaton -at- mmdeaton -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:48:09 -0700

Ouch! It hurts to disagree with Steve. We go way back. Be that as it may, I
have been approached to teach credit classes for a degree program and I do
not have an MA. I am not sure how typical this is, however. Certainly to
teach full-time and become tenured you need advanced degrees. I think Steve
is right that extension or community college requirements may be less
stringent.

Mary Deaton
(206) 323-0701
Buy my used books at http://home.mindspring.com/~mmdeaton/books.html